Synthesis of the course
This course on Appreciative Inquiry focuses on its definition, history, and assumptions. It discusses the Five D Process and how to implement AI in your workplace.
Appreciative Inquiry (AI) is a change management approach that focuses on identifying what is working well, analyzing why it is working well and then doing more of it. It is based on the premise that organizations grow in the direction of what they focus their attention on.
1. Course Introduction:
- A. Objectives
- B. What is Appreciative Inquiry
2. History and Assumptions
- A. When was Appreciative Inquiry developed?
- B. AI Assumptions
3. Appreciative Inquiry Process
- A. The Five D Process
4. The Power of Appreciative Inquiry
- A. The Power of Appreciative Inquiry
- B. Using AI in Strategic Planning – SOAR
- C. Change the questions, Change The Organization
- D. Stop Solving Problems, Imagine What Could Be
- E. Have a Dialogue About What Should Be
- F. Innovate What Will Be
5. Course Assessment
6. Key Learnings
What you get
- Learn about the purpose of Appreciative Inquiry
- Understand the Appreciative Inquiry process’ 5 stages: Define, Discover, Dream, Design, Deliver.
- Define the techniques used in Appreciative Inquiry: SWOT, SOAR, Wholeness Principle, Enactment Principle, Free Choice Principle, and Awareness Principle.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Course Completion Certificate from Elearn2grow.